Middle Lambrook Chapel

Some South Petherton people attended the Middle Lambrook Independent Chapel (situated in the parish of Kingsbury Episcopi) which was established 1674. There were separate Martock and Kingsbury registers for the period 1681-1697 (beautifully clear and legible) but the records of the Lambrook meeting are lost between 1697 and 1794. The present chapel was built 1729, the congregation previously worshipped in a house adjoining. Each minister kept his own register – there was no meeting register – and carried it away with him when he has ceased to be minister. The records start again in 1794 with the Baptismal Register of Simon Rood Pittard, Minister of the Gospel. Middle Lambrook Chapel is still in existence.

Middle Lambrook Transcript

The non-conformist records prior to 1837 are copyright of the National Archives. Copies are also held on microfilm at the Somerset Heritage Centre which also has the surviving the post 1837 registers (although the copyright is still held by the United Reform Church).The transcriptions are published online by kind permission of the Somerset Heritage Centre and the United Reform Church on condition that its use is free from profit.